Thursday, June 5, 2008

and now a few words from my dutiful readers ...

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Uday Mathur wrote:
Cool shit man..
SARs
Tienanmen Square
USA #1 A-ok


Thanks so much Uday, for trying your hardest to trigger the censorship filters on the ignominious Great Firewall of China. Fortunately, I am accessing the internet through a secured encrypted ssh tunnel, preventing the Maoist fascist bastards from reading any of my biting reportage. I back down from no topic, be it governmental corruption or a lack of eggs at the hotel breakfast bar.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Dan Funderburgh wrote:
Yes, but where are you crapping ????


Dan I'm so glad you asked. Unfortunately, my twitter blog all about shitting is on temporary hiatus, due to lack of SMS access from my cell phone. But that is not for any lack of shitting adventures! Many bathrooms here are in fact little more than holes in the ground (with appropriate foot pads of course) -- even at the National Art Museum. But thankfully, the thoughtful proprietors of the Wangfujing Grand have provided my American ass with a proper porcelain throne -- which I defile daily in new and interesting ways, thanks to a steady diet of bizarre meats. The bottomless (pun intended) coffee at the breakfast bar has helped much to this end (and again).

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Dave Johnny wrote:
Who is this?
You're in China?


Yes Dave, thanks for noticing. Don't be jealous. I'll say whats up to your cousin for you.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Candice Waldron wrote:
cool
have you left yet?


hahaha. wait what?

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008, Rolf Hanson wrote (via IM):

hello, Rory
how is china


to which I replied:
good good. great even. I'm actually updating my blog now.


annnnd, "publish post"

thx for your time.

1 comment:

Marisa Olson said...

roreo! congrats on the trip. sounds like a ton of fun and a great learning experience. i'm jealous. berlin is fun and kinda heavenly, but not overly educational... enjoy!