Wednesday, June 4, 2008

bla bla bla

Some new thoughts and revelations: I've never really been a bathrobe person, but they are actually kind of awesome; I think I could really get used to hotel living; sleep is really really great and necessary (I finally got more than 6 hours last night ).

Anyway, the Wangfujing Hotel breakfast sucked this morning. Beijing is super humid and has rained the last two days. But I don't really care because we've still been setting up and haven't had any time to explore. Yesterday I finally got my code working that downloads 6GB of audio from freesounds and archive.org and then cuts it up into a bunch of 2-5 second WAV files. I ran it overnight in parallel on 6 PC's, which was pretty awesome. Today I will make final adjustments to the player and get that running in sync with the image player. Tomorrow we hope to move all the machines into our space -- which was just finished being built yesterday.

Last night when I left the museum at about 10pm there were no less than 100 workers still there painting and sanding everything. Pretty incredible. There are gradually more and more tech art nerd people rolling in and can be seeing sitting around making final tweaks to their projects. It kind of feels like a science fair -- except the high school science nerds have now grown up and wear all black and listen to techno.

This blog is pretty boring. I'm hoping to do some exciting stuff starting tomorrow evening -- after everything is setup.

No comments: